Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More angles.

Saturday night I got extremely homesick. I think I did pretty well and made it a good 3 weeks before it happened which considering what a hometown girl I am is amazing, but it happened. I hadn't been feeling well and couldn't be at my apartment for certain reasons and didn't know where to go and was suddenly aching for my home and the friends I left behind. Plus I was missing Tami and the new baby and NOT happy about it. I ended up driving around on the phone without any clue where I was going or what I would do. After talking to Mike I decided to suck it up and do something for someone else and get over myself (I forget who said the best way to forget your troubles is to serve others, but its the best advice I've ever received), so I headed to the closest Walmart, which was way over by the San Tan Mall because of my aimless wandering. I pulled it together and started to think of what I wanted to do and such, and then I ran into April, Roy's Wife. (Roy is the accountant at the Gilbert office.) She stopped and chatted me up and was SO kind, and without knowing what was going on in my brain, she let me know that they were always just up the road. In that moment, she was my own little angel, if she ever knows it or not. And I may never take her up on that, but she seemed sincere and just extending the offer made a world of a difference in that moment.

It makes me wonder about how many times I have randomly ran into someone and if I was as kind and congenial as she was. Either way, it was a reminder that someone is watching, and there are angels waiting to help you at every turn.

1 comment:

Margo said...

Dude, if you have nowhere to go, come on over! I am telling you now I will be studying and be so boring, but we have a TV and the internet! Seriously! I luv ya!