Monday, February 9, 2009

Just another Manic Monday

I LOVE mondays. That's not even sarcastic either. If the day goes badly, then you can just blame it on being a typical Monday. If its good, then WOW, you beat the system. Besides, Monday's I am still recharged and finding humor in all the little magical pop ups in life. You know, the one's that just make you sit back and go "hmmmm...." Or sometimes I go through the day wondering if Fate is just laughing her butt off somewhere as she just keeps spinning randomness into my little universe. (This might not make sense unless you know me and just how out of the ordinary my day usually goes.) I used to think I only had random moments as a nanny, because no day is ordinary with children involved, but I was DEAD wrong. The random luck continues and somehow seems to multiply and grow.
Today was one of those days of a thousand random things popping up. THEN i got this phonecall at work from a client. It wasn't even our office's client, it was one of the Globe clients, but the phone rolled over to my office. And of course the client was an 81 year old lady that couldn't hear a THING. So after 5 minutes of YELLING into the phone just to try to get a name, I finally realize that I can't schedule her the day she wants....and she CURSED at me! i just spent seriously forever, repeating myself to the point that all i really wanted to do was hang up the phone and hope she forgot that she called me all together, but talked myself out of it by thinking of what i would want someone to do for my grandmother, and then she CURSED me out!!!
With that moment, my day was officially complete. Thank goodness for Mondays for helping the other days of the week seem like cake.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

What a day! That's no fun to be cursed out! I wish I could have said goodbye before you left! Thanks for all you did to make wayne's life easier! I'm glad I got to know you! Keep in touch!