Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's a boy!


The verdict is in, and the baby is a boy! I would be lying if I said I wasn't suprised. I honestly didn't have a preference, but just expected a little girl. A lot of other people were just as shocked, so I don't feel too badly.
This isn't the best picture, but I am not a fan of the walmart scanner or cds. The sonogram was such a neat experience...both times. I had to go back for a 2nd one because on the first one they had some concerns about his heart. I was completely stressed out those days in between sonograms even though I really thought it would be okay. Worrying moms runs deep in my genetics. I did have a blessing that was amazing, but I was surprised at the things I heard, but felt huge relief. Finally going back and hearing them say that he was healthy and there are no problems was such a relief.
The good news about being stressed out was I suppose I was so knotted up that the little guy ran out of room and started kicking harder, hard enough other people can feel it. My mom was SO excited to feel him kick for the first time. I think it went to his head because he hasn't quit since!
I am very excited to have this little boy and feel like he can't come soon enough. For one thing I am already sadly running out of belly space. I feel like a pringle commercial. Once you pop, you just can't stop!
I guess we will see just how many other things can go wrong. I know I am very lucky and blessed to have everything come out fine in the end. Thanks for the few that did know what was going on and for your support. It means a ton.

4 comments:

payneful life said...

YaY. A boy. Lucky. That's really exciting. Glad the little ones doing well

Summers Family said...

I'm glad everything is good! I had that stressful week between appointments with Rachel and it was NO fun. You are going to be a GREAT mom to that cute little boy! YAY!!!

Kim and Adam said...

That is so exciting!

Burdett Family said...

Who hoo for a boy! I miss seeing you and your growing belly on Sundays.