Friday, November 27, 2009

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!
Only one day late on that.
This Thanksgiving I am especially greatful for my family. This year I was able to spend a lot of time with my Grandmother and Grandfather Bryce. Being with them was a completely healing and peaceful experience. There are a lot of things I always wanted to but could never say to them, and I was able to do that. Just being with them helped me remember the kind of person I want to be.
This morning may not be Thanksgiving anymore, but it's still the holiday weekend, and working with my mom, I was able to tell her a lot of things about past experiences and current struggles that had been eating at me and I have never wanted to burden her with. Not only was it a huge relief, but there is now a whole new level of understanding between us.
Mostly, looking back on this last year and how much things have changed, and seeing who I am now and the new direction life is taking, I could not be happier. I know my family has been a major part of this and that is what I am most thankful for this holiday season.

Love you all and hope you had a wonderful holiday!!!

No comments: