Tuesday, April 21, 2009

traveling in style

When life gives you lemons, cruise a shopping cart.
When I was home this last weekend the kids and I tried to do some serious clean up in the back yard. Tami has the front looking perfect and so I wanted to pitch it. The yard is hard to keep clean. The wind blows stuff in, the kids don't always help, and the workers contribute in the most interesting ways. For example, the workers in the back apartment aparently "borrowed" a shopping cart and it was in the back yard. During the clean up I pushed it back over to their apartment. Later that day we came outside and it was back in the yard. Puzzled, I pushed it back over to the back apartment. Once again, next time we came outside, there was the cart. After taking it back over all day on Friday, Saturday morning I had already given up. In the morning we did clean up in the house and of course the cart was waiting in the back yard for us. At this point I have decided that their are imps involved (which is sometimes what I refer to the kids as), and at least for now the cart is a permanent resident.....so we rode it!
Turns out I love it! We can fit more kids in than a stroller and it has places on the front and side for them to ride. It was hilarious pushing them around the house and hearing the cars honk. (We usually get honks anyway and are aparently an interesting site normally, so the cart just put it over the edge.) And yes I know it is a little ghetto, but tack on fabulous and you have ghetto fabulous, story of my life and I love it.
Eventually I will actually load it up or walk it to where it belongs, but it was a good reminder that almost anything can be made fun.






2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

You are so cute! We miss you around here! Are you SO happy tax season is over?? I AM!! I heard you are moving!! Good luck! Hope everything goes well for yoU!

Anonymous said...

Where the heck do you live and with whom? Totally cart crazy! Yeah- I know your post has been up for awhile but I don't get much time on the computer for just friend fun much these days. Summers are extremly busy and just better when you can enjoy them! Hope you are doing well.